There are many foods that you can add to your diet to aid your body with hair growth. Dermatologists will tell you that adding protein to the meals you eat will help your body grow hair faster. In fact, people that do not consume enough protein in their diet will experience weaker strands of hair that are more susceptible to breakage. After all, protein is the building block of hair.
Foods That are High in Protein that will increase and strengthen hair growth:
Lack of Iron Leads to Hair Loss
Research studies conducted at the Cleveland Clinic have found that iron deficiency in one’s diet is linked to hair loss. This study concluded that little iron in one’s diet will cause baldness.
Foods High in Iron that Support Hair Growth:
- Lean red meat
- Egg yolks
- Dried fruit
- Whole Grains
Biotin Improves Scalp Health
Another key element to improve hair growth is biotin. Biotin is a B vitamin. If you do not consume enough biotin, you might notice that your hair is brittle. Eat more biotin for better hair growth.
Foods Full of Biotin That Promote a Healthy Scalp:
- Wheat Bran
- Low-fat cheese
Silica Makes Hair Thicker
Dieticians emphasize eating the mineral silica to make your hair thicker. If you would like more durable hair, silica is the mineral for you.
These Foods with Silica Makes Hair Thicker and More Durable:
- Beer (dieticians advise moderation; up to one daily for women and two for men)
Zinc Keeps Hair Hormones at Healthy Levels
Who would’ve thought that zinc helps with hair? Well, it does. Zinc regulates androgens – hormones that allow hair loss when the level gets too low in the body. Additional benefits from zinc will increase hair growth speed, and get rid of that pesky dandruff problem.
These Foods with Zinc will Maintain Healthy Hormone Levels:
- Lean Beef
- Wheat Germ
Beta-Carotene Supplies a Hair-Friendly Vitamin
The human body converts beta-carotene into Vitamin A, which is essential to combat dull hair and dry skin, also contributing to dandruff.
These Beta-Carotene Rich Foods Will Make Hair and Skin Glow:
- Butternut Squash
- Sweet Potatoes
Other Foods That Will Help Hair Growth
- Fruits that are rich in Vitamin C are essential to eat, because they aid your body in absorbing iron. Consuming more Vitamin C will prevent dry and weak hair.
- Various fish (and nuts/seeds) contain Omega-3 fatty acids. Improve scalp health by eating salmon, sardines, herring, mackerel, walnuts and flaxseeds.
- Vegetable Oil found in peanuts, olives, and sunflowers can restore a vibrant shine to your hair.
- Green Vegetables have both Vitamins A and C. The human body converts Vitamin A and C into a natural scalp oil called sebum that your body produces to naturally protect hair.
Hair Supplements are another option. Which hair supplement is right for you?
luxor hotel & casino